Webinars and Modules
Webinars sponsored through the North Dakota Hospital Association
Registration fees for webinars are $175/NDHA member, and $300/non-member. This fee is “per facility” and you can have as many staff sit in on one connection as you’d like. Nursing CEUs are available on many of these programs. If you have any questions, please contact Pam at the North Dakota Hospital Association.
Go to https://www.ndha.org/education/education-events/ for listing.
The Texas Medical Association (TMA) is offering NDMA members 25% off some of the most popular CME offerings in the TMA Education Center. Participants can earn up to 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits (TM), including 6 ethnic credits with these highly-rated courses:
- 10 Ways to Turn Satisfied Patients Into Loyal Patients
- Build Your Compliance Plan
- 2015 PQRS and Value-Based Payment Modifier
- Coping with Stress, Burnout, and Malpractice suits
- Avoiding Fraud and Abuse
Phone Application: "Safe Opiod Prescribing" Available for iPhone, Android, and on the Web
Opioid analgesics are prescribed frequently for the treatment of pain. While these medications can be an essential part of effective medical care, there are also increasing reports of adverse effects, addiction, and deaths associated with opioid therapies.
This resource brings together evidence-based resources that are currently available to clinicians in safe and effective use of these medications but which can be difficult to identify and access. This app includes:
- Information on the assessment of pain including universal precautions to be used for patients receiving opioids,
- Information on opioid management including links to medical guidelines on clinical use in treatment of chronic pain (e.g.: VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guidelines),
- An example of a treatment agreement,
- A discussion of opioid side effects,
- Several clinical tools for assessing level of pain, depression, and risk of opioid abuse,
- Links to guidelines for treatment of specific pain conditions,
- Contact information for organizations that may be able to provide further information or assistance.
To Access on iPhone: Open the App Store sm on your iPhone. Search "Safe Opioid Prescribing." Click the "FREE" button. Click the green "Install App" button. When the app has downloaded click the PCSS-O icon to open.